Thursday, November 12, 2009

Funeral homes

When planning Marys funeral and on the day of, they were wonderful. They did a very nice job making sure everything was perfect for her.
But more then three months later, we are yet to see a headstone. I had to approve the writing and design twice already. When I called the lady said it's been only 4 weeks since my last approval and it usually takes 6-8 weeks for it to come in. So....I just might get it on her due date. Awesome. Thanks for that people.
I don't think they realize that I can't go see her until the headstone is there. This alone breaks my heart because I think of her alone out there, in the cold. What am I supposed to do? Go try to figure out the exact spot she is at and cry over some dead grass? I don't remember her exact spot because well, I wasn't really paying attention that day. I was a little distraced with them putting my daughters casket in the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie I am so sorry! Many graveyards put little metal signs in the ground with the names on them (label guns) until the headstones come. Call them and ask if her plot is marked in that way so you can still go visit and leave flowers etc. until the headstone is there.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::does dance through post::
    I get to see you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete